Date: Oct 4, 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Company: Minneapolis Public Schools
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Web Developer and Requisition ID number: 8921
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Information Technology (10000140)
Site: Davis Center (0001)
FTE: 1 FTE, 52 weeks; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creates, develops and prepares graphic presentations used in printed materials and digital output, including charts, graphs, designs, colored renderings, and other graphic applications.
- Develops graphics to make printed and digital material visually appealing and functional, and implements design changes to improve content and impact.
- Creates design layouts and digital output; composes, configures, edits and produces graphics and visual materials for special presentations and websites.
- Develops web application templates using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, vector graphics editors, and other multimedia and creative software applications.
- Reviews and revises printed and digital material, assuring content consistency and accuracy.
- Assists MPS staff to design and maintain their web sites.
- Creates and maintains documentation for all web applications.
- Maintains and enhances design of existing publications and web applications
- Assists staff with organization of information for their web sites and documentation.
- Create original artwork for MPS departments and schools to use on all types of media.
- Develops enhancements and modifications to MPS websites.
- Develop standards for consistent provisioning and maintenance of SharePoint sites, pages, content and security.
- Create and maintain all aspects of SharePoint including site collections, sites, master pages/templates, pages, web parts, content types, lists, libraries, workflows and navigation.
- Administer and configure IIS web sites and web services.
- Maintains and enforces all aspects of system security and confidentiality of records and information; monitors operations and identifies security issues and violations of MPS policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- Has access to any and all documents contained on District servers and individual office personal computers. This includes highly confidential documents relating to individual employee private information, confidential departmental documents, including collective bargaining negotiations. Maintains strict confidentiality of all document contents on any District server or personal computer.
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
Associate’s Degree in graphic design, web design or computer technology; AND two (2) years of web development experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
- Principles, methods and techniques used in the design and production of graphics projects.
- Computer graphics design techniques and software application packages.
- Visual art and printing techniques and materials.
- Principles and fundamental concepts of Object Oriented Design and Object Oriented Programming.
- Principles of network operating domains, relational databases, and web- and windows-based software applications.
- Web editing, graphics and programming techniques, including object-oriented programming.
- Principles and protocols for the management of MPS electronic information
- PowerShell scripting for automated SharePoint installation and maintenance.
- Skill in:
- Working independently in a technical environment with interlinked and changing priorities.
- Developing web pages and using web site design concepts.
- Developing creative solutions to graphic problems.
- Understanding client objectives and requirements and developing solutions.
- Following and effectively communicating technically complex instructions.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required. Microsoft (MCTS/MCITP/MCPD) and other professional IT certifications are desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
- Bargaining Unit: MACA
- Grade: G-46
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Job Group: Enterprise Systems
Salary Range: Tech A $50,986 - $65,120
- New: April 8, 2014
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Posting Notes: | [No Established Closing Date] | Information Technology (10000140) | Davis Center (0001) | Administrative
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Developer, Graphic Design, Artist, Web Design, Information Technology, Technology, Creative
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field